Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving Meme & Tag

Ok...so...when I got this I felt like an idiot...what's a "Meme"?!?!? Go look it up...I did. I had to.

Anywho...
I have been tagged by my high school friend William who was tagged by his friend Judith in an online Thanksgiving game started by their mutual friend Julie. I left the links in so you could have a gander at their blogs if you're a bit bored, or just procrastinating.

Now that I'm "it," I'm supposed to give two reasons why I'm thankful this year, and then tag another blogger.

So, here goes . . .

1. I'm thankful for my family, small though it may be. I have a great husband who provides not only the basics, but does so lavishly, dotes on me, gives the best cuddles...and I think he really loves me even though it's not all "high heels and suspenders" anymore and even though we may bicker at times, I have been blessed. And through our marriage I have inherited HIS family, and that makes it all the better!! I also have a "near-perfect" son who keeps me young at heart, makes me laugh and has been another true blessing in my life. He may be a pain in the neck sometimes, but luckily that's been few and far between. I also have the bestest dog in the whole world...he truly gives unconditional love every time I walk in the door.

2. I'm thankful for all the friends I have that are "lifers." Not to be confused with the "lifers" locked away in prisons. I don't have any of those...and hopefully won't have any friends that drop off the deep-end so far that they find themselves with that label! No, I'm talking about the people that have come into my life at some point or another and have hung around for more than just a few days or months. The people that haven't let this thing called life get in the way of our friendship...in fact, have far improved mine because of it! I grew up never having siblings, but in the course of my life I have found people just important as blood-relations.

Finally, I hereby tag one of the best lifers I know...Marisa! Maybe it's just the kick up the jacksie she needs to get blogging again! ;o)

No comments:

Sign My Guestbook, Pretty PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE

Basic Existentialism

My photo
Austin-ish, Texas, United States
Does this really matter? Who reads this anyway? Seriously. Okay, fine. I'm probably the only Poli-pino you'll ever meet and I: like to cook up a good meal (but if given the choice I'd rather eat out); watch TV and films from here and there; love to laugh and try to do it often; hate to cry but end up doing so...and often; believe we ALL make a difference to SOMEONE at SOME POINT; love long walks on the beach, it's cheesy, I know, but I do love them especially with my family; wish I was as erudite as Stephen Fry, as cleverly comedic as (too many to name here) and as oblivious as Mr. Bean. Obviously I could go on...that's why I started the blog!